Ceramic braces are highly aesthetic braces which are now extensively used for the orthodontic treatment. Ceramic braces are of same size and shape as metal braces except that they have tooth colored or clear brackets that blends with the teeth.
Even tooth colored wire can be used to make it even less noticeable. Ceramic braces have brackets made up of ceramic or porcelain or even plastic.
Ceramic braces provide:
• High strength, toughness and durability
• More resistance to wear and deformation. Resistance against chipping and breaking
• Better color stability if properly maintained
• Most important to the patient, superior aesthetics. Ceramic braces are designed to blend with the teeth and making it almost invisible.
• Ceramic braces cause less irritation to the gums and are better accepted by the patients.