Even tooth colored wire can be used to make it even less noticeable. Ceramic braces have brackets made up of ceramic or porcelain or even plastic.
Ceramic braces provides:
- High strength, toughness and durability
- More resistance to wear and deformation. Resistance against chipping and breaking
- Better color stability if properly maintained
- Most important to the patient, superior aesthetics. Ceramic braces are designed to blend with the teeth and making it almost invisible.
- Ceramic braces cause less irritation to the gums and are better accepted by the patients.